Destin, Florida Travel and Vacation Guide
Destin Florida is a top destination with beautiful white sand shores and turquoise water. If you pick a perfect day you can see a dolphin swimming in the distance. I use to stand on the balcony of our beach house and dolphin watch every morning. And it paid off quite a few mornings. Usually it is early just as the sun is rising, the dolphins are out swimming along the shores.
Destin a new discovery for many
We discovered this beautiful area before the tourist did. Before there were roads to the beach areas. We ran jet ski's in Panama city in 1993, and went to Destin to pick up a check at a friends home. I was drawn to the sand doons, as I walked up the path and peaked the top to discover, the most beautiful waters in the panhandle of Florida. and the white sand beaches untouched beauty. If I had the choice of a beach area to reside in it would be Destin Florida. It is voted by Southern Living readers magazine to be the top beach destination for vacationers and families in the southern region. It has remained on the top list for the past four years.
Enjoy the day
Enjoy the day combing the beaches for shells, making sand castles, watching the kids trying to surf. The water is calm and safe for swimming in most areas. You can swim, relax in between and play all day. The breeze makes sun bathing a pleasure. The views are always mesmerizing as the day goes from morning to evening. It is fun to get out and take in all the sites from beautiful homes to little art galleries. One I recall painted on press board, the colors were so brilliant you could not tell. The prices reflected nothing but what a top artist would expect. Beautiful homes are everywhere. Every development has tried hard to bring in the caribbean feel, yet with a class of luxury.
If you go in the off season you can get some amazing places at amazing rates. There is still warm beautiful days to enjoy. We went in October to discover it was a beautiful time to be in Florida. Especially to get away from the colder areas in the states. It was only a 14 hr drive from the state of Missouri. We were there going from winter time to the beach with lovely warm days. Basking in the sun and loving every minute of it. Homes in DestinÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â 4 bd 3 bth, Rents for $1194. per week in high season, Save go in winter season it rents for $735. pr week.
- Summer: May 24th- June 27th
- Peak Summer: June 28th- July 25th
- Fall: Sept 01-Oct 31st
- Winter: Nov 01- Feb 28th
- Beach side Caribbean Cuisine
- Reasonable Prices, Lunch and Dinner until 10:00 PM
- Review: 7:30- 8:30 Best time for sunset dinning, casual atmosphere, good food and awesome views.
- Fun island atmosphere
- Music, live music at night
- Food casual but good, sandwiches, burger, famous fudpucker's drinkÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â (Like a rum punch)
- Review: We were entertained with petting a gator, mouth taped of course, and held by a trained guide. ( Or Not) My daughter screamed and the gator had to go.... So that is just what he did peed on my daughters foot. Made for a memorable time at Fudpuckers in Destin Florida. You have to go just to say, I've been there and done that!
- Our family vacation in Destin Florida one to always remember. At the end of the day my favorite place is a quiet spot in the sand and watching the sun disappearÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â with the most brilliant colors surrounding it in the sky. As it goes down slowly into the ocean for the evening and midnight swim. Peace, calm, and tranquility surrounds you.......